Those who own a business, regardless of its size, agree to the fact that it is one of the most challenging things to do, because they have a lot of responsibilities and have to take care of a series of crucial aspects on a regular basis. When it comes to big companies and warehouses, things are even more complicated. They have to ensure the products they sell are maintained and stored in good conditions. Storage shelves are highly important in this case, because they have to be of the highest quality. Many warehouse owners opt for installing heavy duty shelving systems if they have to store construction materials for instance or any other products that weight a lot. Know that there are a series of great benefits that come with selecting this type of shelves and the most important ones are also mentioned below, as well as some very useful tips and features to consider when buying industrial shelves.
The benefits of installing industrial heavy duty shelves
Warehouse owners should know better how important it is to have top quality shelves installed in order to store products in proper conditions and to avoid any unpleasant work accidents. Selecting shelves made by a highly renowned manufacturer is the right choice to make, because these shelves will benefit your business more than you would imagine. Here are some benefits:
- The qualify is superior – many people are of the opinion that it does not matter the material that industrial shelves are made from, because they will support the weight of the products the same way, but they couldn’t be any further from the truth. Industrial shelves should not be made from wood or plastic materials, but rather from one of greater quality, that can support even several hundred kilograms of weight. Chrome and metal for instance are two good examples. Depending on the types of products you want to store, discuss with the pallet racking producer you chose and decide together upon the best solution to your needs.
- You save floor space – another great benefit that comes with installing industrial shelving systems is that you manage to save a lot more floor space than before. As your company develops, you have to store more and more products and to ensure they are all kept in good storing conditions. Sometimes this may take you by surprise. Moving to other premises may be quite expensive for your business, not to mention that customers and clients who are already used to your address may find your relocation confusing. And what’s the point of doing it when you can buy taller racking systems and have the problem solved for now. Keep in mind though that in such cases, installing taller shelves is only a temporary solution, so start saving money for when relocation is necessary.
- Increased productivity – believe it or not, installing quality heavy duty shelving systems can also have an impact on your employees’ productivity, in the sense that it will increase. These shelves will help you organize your products a lot better and more efficient. Warehouse workers will not waste too much time looking for a specific product if they know exactly where to find it. This will also influence customers’ satisfaction by increasing it as well. The faster your employees find the products customers need, the faster customers will have those products delivered to them and automatically have their expectations met and their requirements fulfilled.
Features to take into account when selecting industrial shelving systems
Considering the wide variety of industrial shelves available on the market nowadays, making the right choice is definitely a challenging thing. You have to consider some essential aspects before making a purchase, so here are some useful tips to help you with this:
- Material – one of the first things you have to pay attention to before you select a specific type of warehouse shelves is the material they are made of. As it was earlier mentioned, you can find a range of materials available, yet the ones experts in the field recommend are made out of chrome, metal or top quality plastic.
- Height and width – another essential consideration is related to the width and the height of the shelves. Know that warehouse shelves differ in terms of width, height and the number of shelf levels. You have to think about the products that you want to store and make a choice based on this aspect. You can choose shelving systems that come in three, four, five or more shelves.
- Durability – this aspect mostly depends on the type of material shelves are made of. It is essential to opt for industrial shelves that are durable and that will not put the lives of your employees in danger. Specialists in the field strongly advise warehouse owners to do regular check-ups on their shelving units to ensure these systems are in good condition and well maintained.
All things considered, these are some of the main benefits that come with investing in industrial shelving systems, as well as some important features to consider before purchasing them. Keep in mind that if you do not have the types of shelves you need available on the market, you can always opt for bespoke shelving systems.