The Proxy program is a server that intermediates the requests of certain clients who seek resources from other applications. Furthermore, if a client requests services that refer to certain files, web pages, or specified connections, this computer system analyzes the request and acts in order to reduce and control its complexity. So, that is why users connect to this program.
The Proxy program was created to add structure and optimal conditions for performing to distributed systems. These days the majority of these applications are used as web proxies, and they have the role to facilitate the access to the World Wide Web by allowing customers to visit blocked websites. Furthermore, they can provide anonymity because they can protect the user’s Internet privacy.
This computer program that is connected to a certain port of the computer, integrates many options that allow it to disable access to certain locations, to eliminate adverts, and so on and so good. Here are all the actions that you can complete by using this application:
• You can get access to normal sites, but also to sites that contain banned keywords.
• Cutting off specific parts that you don’t like to see on pages such as banners or adverts will allow you to work without getting disturbed.
• You will be able to receive files with extensions like .mp3, .exe, .zip, and .rar.
• Receiving files with predefined sizes will no longer be a problem.
• If you want to offer others the same benefits that you enjoy with the help of this program, you can disable access from any computers to this Proxy.
However, there are things that the Proxy program cannot control. While using the Connect method or the SOCKS proxy, it cannot sort information and block some pages by turning to keywords as a technique. Moreover, it can’t use a heuristic analyzer, and it can’t let pass back connections from the Internet. This program has its merits, but the administrator must take care not to tune it and forget about it, because the Proxy can be bypassed in these circumstances.
There are many types of Proxy servers:
• The application that passes responses and requests without modifying them is called a gateway, or a tunneling Proxy;
• A forward Proxy is used to recover data from a wide range of sources.
• A reverse Proxy is used to control access to a server on a private network.