For 2012, trends seem to go for small weddings and with responsible budget. Read on to find out which are the wedding trends for 2012.
- Many brides are about to give up planning traditional weddings and opt for a ‘green’ wedding. This wedding trend consists in the selection of flowers grown in gardens or of specific flowers of the season in which the event takes place. The flowers will be placed in green pots or old ones, which will be decorated in the same tone with the wedding theme. All these will bring a personal touch to the wedding and guests will be amazed of the bride’s creativity.
- The wedding dress for 2012 will approach the Victorian style; long skirts associated with corsets, lace, large collars or asymmetrical necklines. Although white is always in fashion, there will be subtle touches of color in the wedding dresses; dresses with effects of purple or soft pink, cobalt or ciel. For the spring of 2012, in trend is a strong comeback to the lace dresses. This delicate and elegant fabric can be used as application on the dresses, on the corsets or as an overlay on entire dress. The sleeves are back in 2012, giving a royal appearance. A common theme on the wedding dresses will be the flowers that will appear as embroidered accents, some of these will be three-dimensional-looking flowers or delicate silk petals that are blooming along the entire length of the dress.
- A romantic bridal bouquet will be the most beautiful pair of the wedding dress. Discrete colors, such as ivory or light pink, big flowers such as peonies and adorned with details such as pearls. For 2012, pairs of bold color are in trend, such as pink and yellow. Vintage weddings are in fashion and will always be.
- With all the DIY beauty tutorials that are viral on the internet, more and more brides consider doing their own makeup and nails instead of spending a lot of money on a beauty salon. If you are handy with a nail polish brush, you might want to visit http://www.checkmynails.com. This website is a great source of inspiration as it features numerous classic nail designs that would work on the wedding day.
- Making a scenario for photo sessions is a growing wedding trend and it is a great way for the grooms to feel comfortable with their photographer. Another trend is to make short films instead of the old wedding movies, where the grooms tell a little story.
- For 2012, the wedding cake will not be alone and must be accompanied by desserts and sweets neatly arranged so as to complement its image.
- As they say ‘less is more’, but with good taste, focusing on small details and giving a personal touch will create at your wedding a homely atmosphere and will be a major wedding trend for 2012.