Want to have a memorable wedding and yet you must fit into a fixed budget, it means you have to define your priorities first. Here are some solutions that might help you save money on your wedding. Make a wedding budget checklist. Talk with your families about who will pay for what. Some brides’ families still pick up the entire tab, although the groom’s family can participate too. Decide how much you two can contribute.
- Do online shopping and start searching as soon as possible, because to planning a wedding is more a sport if there is no time.Track sites with dresses, shoes, accessories, decorations, gifts, everything you need for a wedding. Online shopping is one of the best money saving tips and it is also a great way to save time.
- If you have a large yard or a garden, organize your wedding there, thus you will save the money for renting a wedding hall. If you have a beautiful garden with seasonal flowers, it will be less work to decorate. But if the wedding takes place in a cold season and you have to find a hotel or other location, the most economical solution is to have the wedding during the week, because all costs will be lower.
- Make yourself the bouquets and floral arrangements. The bridal bouquet can be as spectacular as you want it, and for the decorations and the bridesmaids’ bouquet choose seasonal flowers. Buying flowers that are in abundance during the wedding will reduce the costs significantly: these are much cheaper than the exotic flowers.
- Create your own wedding invitations. You can buy paper from any specialized shop and search for designs on the internet. Copy the desired design or make it yourself, then print it. Thus you will have personalized invitations at a very affordable price.
- Rent the wedding dress. Given the exorbitant prices for a designer wedding dress, renting a fabulous dress that you will wear it once, is not the end of the world. In fact, if you choose to rent your dress, you can wear the creation of a famous designer, luxury that you could not afford otherwise, at a friendly price. A lot of people think that they will develop an emotional attachment to their wedding dress but the truth is that it will cost you a lot of money and keeping it will take a lot of your closet space. Therefore, renting a dress is one of the best money saving tips when planning a wedding.
- Buy cheaper jewelry that you can modify and customize as you wish. Thus, you will get the jewelry that you have dreamed of, at an affordable price
- If one of your friends has a beautiful classic car, ask him to drive you to church and at the photo shoot. You can take very beautiful and spectacular pictures with a classic car.
- Make a guest list only with your family, closest friends and relatives.
- Limit the alcohol served at the wedding. Establish form the start the alcohol ‘menu’ and you will save a pretty sum of money.
- For the wedding menu you can call for graduates or students of a school that prepares cooks and waiters. The food will be as good as that of a catering service and you will save a lot of money.
Finally, there are many ways to save money on your wedding and to organize a special and elegant wedding with small costs. Ask your friends and relatives to help you and ask for information about weddings from friends who have already married. Make sure you double check the wedding budget checklist so you identify any mistakes before it is too late.